This short course aims to provide formal training in practical skills necessary for Supply Learning Support Educators. By end the of the course, the student would have acquired basic knowledge and understanding of inclusive education, together with also knowledge which will enable the student to:
• Ensure the promotion of an inclusive environment for learning;
• Adapt classroom material and tasks for learners with different needs;
• Support learners through appropriate intervention strategies;
• Identify communication challenges and ensure that the learner is included in the school community;
• Support and ensure student safety of students with physical disabilities;
• Produce an individualised programme for the student’s needs;
• Evaluate and reflect on ones contribution to the student’s learning.
The course will assist the student in getting to know how and when to collaborate with the professional team working with the student, put forward their suggestions and concerns about the student, use the correct level of language according to the level of the understanding of the learner, and discuss ways to enhance the learning experience with the class teacher.
Jobseekers who are seeking employment and would like to Register for work, can:
Disabled jobseekers can contact the Lino Spiteri Foundation on the following numbers:
LSF Malta: 22201765-8
LSF Gozo: 22201965
Further guidelines on the registration process can be found here.
Employers who need to recruit employees can contact us on 22201600 for assistance.
Further guidelines on how to open vacancies online can be found here.
Employers who are going to dismiss or have recently dismissed employees including Third Country Nationals are requested to contact 153.
Details about applications for Third Country Nationals who were previously in possession of a valid residence permit/work permit and who had their employment terminated as of March 2020 can be found here.