Work Exposure Scheme
The Work Exposure Scheme forms part of the ESF.01.001 – Training for Employment Project and is intended to facilitate transition into employment by providing jobseekers with initial hands-on training that will help individuals obtain the knowledge, skills and competences required to find and retain employment. This scheme is designed to mirror contemporary labour market demand, whereby the job preferences of the jobseekers are matched with employers’ requests.
January 2023 Announcement
Jobsplus is pleased to announce that by popular demand, applications for placements under the Work Exposure Scheme are being accepted for a limited time only.
The on-the-job training will take place at the employer’s premises where the trainee is placed. During the scheme the trainee must attend 240 hours of placement within a maximum period of 12 weeks*.
Participants are entitled to a training allowance, payable by Jobsplus for every hour attended, which is calculated on the National Minimum Wage.
* All placements must be completed by end of September 2023. The maximum on-the-job hours in any given week should not exceed 40 hours. Placements starting during June, July and August 2023 may carry a shorter duration.
The Scheme is open to individuals who as at application date meet the following criteria:
- are aged between 20 and 64 years of age;
- are currently not in employment;
- never participated in the Work Exposure Scheme offered under the Training for Employment Project.
In case of EU/Swiss nationals or Third Country nationals, a valid residence card covering at least the entire duration of the placement is also required.
Prospective Placement Providers
- All public and private entities may apply to offer a placement.
Other General Rules
- Trainees cannot be placed with a former employer.
- The number of trainees that can be placed with any one employer will be capped by Jobsplus at its own discretion and subject to the number of trainees an employer retained in employment at the end of the scheme.
- A successful matching is considered as approved once a start date has been provided by Jobsplus and all relative Scheme documentation issued.
Applications shall be accepted until Monday, 31st July 2023. Any requests or applications submitted after this date will not be considered.
Disclaimer: Personal data submitted through this form is collected and processed by a third party on the instruction of Jobsplus. No other third parties have access to your personal information unless specifically required by law. Data processing shall be regulated by the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data.
Generic telephone number: 22201610
Generic email address: email@example.com
Changes to scheme’s eligibility criteria entered into effect on 02/01/2023