The Occupational Handbook is a source of information related to 246 occupations found in the Maltese labour market. These 246 occupations cover more than 90% of the labour force.
The information detailed in the occupational sheets of this handbook was obtained by means of desk-based research, online questionnaires and consultation meetings with various sectorial stakeholders (the State, Educational Institutions, Private Enterprise and other Social Partners) and makes it unique to Malta and the needs of the Maltese economy.
Each occupational sheet includes the following information:
- Job description, duties and work environment
- Entry level qualifications (including licences and warrants)
- Knowledge, skills and additional qualities
- Related career opportunities
- Median pay
- Job outlook for the coming years