Traineeship Scheme - Applications Accepted until end June 2022
The Traineeship Scheme is intended to provide jobseekers with initial vocational training (pre-employment training) that will help individuals obtain the knowledge, skills and competence required to find and retain employment. Traineeships are based on a combination of on-the-job and off-the-job training. The programmes offered are labour market driven, whereby the job preferences of the jobseekers are matched with the requests made by employers participating in the scheme.
Duration of the Traineeship Scheme: 300 hours
Maximum number of weeks: 12 weeks
Maximum number of hours in any given week: 40 hours
During the scheme, the trainee must attend 300 hours within a maximum period of 12 weeks, consisting of 282 hours as on-the-job training and 18 hours as off-the-job training. The theoretical tuition will be delivered by Jobsplus at its training complex and/or by any other approved entity whilst the on-the-job training will take place at the employer’s premises with whom the trainee is placed. The classroom training programme is recognised by the MFHEA and pegged at respective level with the Malta Qualifications Framework (MQF). Participants are paid a training allowance, payable by Jobsplus for every hour attended, which is calculated on the national minimum wage.
The Traineeship Scheme forms part of the Training for Employment project, which is co-financed by the European Social Fund 2014-2020. The general framework for traineeships in Malta is set by articles 18 to 25 of the Employment and Training Services Act 2018 (Chapter 594).
- Trainees: Traineeship scheme will be made available for both registered unemployed persons and inactive job seekers aged between 20 and 64 and who never participated in either Work Exposure, Traineeship or Work Placement Scheme.
- Employers: All public and private entities, including NGOs.
- Trainees cannot be placed with a former employer;
- Subject to Jobsplus’ approval, trainees may be allowed to participate more than once in order to try a different traineeship that might better suit their skills. In such circumstances the trainee will be asked to change the occupation preference;
- The number of trainees that can be placed with any one employer will be capped by Jobsplus at its own discretion and subject to the number of trainees an employer retained in employment at the end of the scheme.
- Trainees cannot have a direct family relationship with the employer. Direct family relationships include parents/legal guardians and siblings.
Generic telephone numbers: 22201635/ 22201636/ 22201637
Generic email address: email@example.com
Receipt of Applications and other documentation related to the Scheme
Applications by prospective trainees and employers and any other documentation such as scheme's agreements and attendance sheets need to be sent via email on firstname.lastname@example.org.