The Training Pays Scheme forms part of the ESF.01.001 – Training for Employment Project and it aims to assist individuals to develop and/or improve their skills by participating in further off-the-job training.
The scheme offers assistance in the form of a refund to aid participants with costs relating to training. This refund will be awarded to the individual (trainee) after successful completion of his/her training.
Click here to have your courses featured on the
Jobsplus Course Catalogue
The Scheme is open to individuals who as at application date:
- have completed compulsory schooling (15 or 16 years) up to 64 years of age;
- are under 25 years of age and not participating under the Youth Guarantee NEET Activation Scheme II;
- are legally residing in Malta and Gozo;
- primary employment is not self-employment;
- are not employed with the Training Service Provider with whom they will be following training.
Persons who are already employed as teachers or have a related teaching occupation with an English Language School cannot apply for the CELTA and/or TEFL courses under the Training Pays Scheme.
Training and Refund
To be eligible for the refund, you need to select a training programme that is included in the catalogue. Refund of the chosen training programme will be calculated at 75% of the cost of training excluding VAT.
Training costs shall mean Tuition fees, Training Material, Registration fees and Examination fees paid by the applicant.
Non-eligible costs include seminars or conferences, online courses (that are delivered by unlicensed Training Institutions and do not lead to an accredited certification) and SEC / MATSEC examinations.
For a full certification course which includes single modules/exit points, trainees can EITHER apply for the said modules/exit points, OR for the full certification in order to benefit from funding under the Training Pays Scheme.
For training programmes that lead up to MQF Level 4 the capping of the refund is set at €1,000.
For training programmes that lead to MQF Level 5, Awards at MQF Levels 6 and 7 and non-accredited but industry specific courses related to Aviation, Maritime and ICT sectors, capping is €3,000.
Other General Rules
- Applications for training programmes must be received by the course end date (the course end date does not include assessments, submission of assignments and placements).
- Minimum cost of training (excluding VAT) is €100.
- Course end date should not exceed the 30th June 2023.
- The Training course title and Training Institution as declared on the application form are considered as final. Any changes to these details will render the application as invalid.
- Training Service Provider must be registered in and offering courses in Malta or Gozo.
Applications will remain open until the 30th March 2023 subject to availability of funds. End of course date shall not exceed the 30th June 2023. Applications for Subsidy will be approved on a first come first served basis.
For an individual to claim assistance under this Scheme, s/he must not benefit or claim the same training cost in part or in full from any other source (ESF or national funds).
Individuals who are found to be non-compliant to any of the above criteria shall be automatically rendered as ineligible for the Training Pays Scheme.
Applying for the Training Pays Scheme
Interested applicants are invited to apply using the appropriate application form which is available: online, from the TPS Unit within Jobsplus Training Complex or Jobsplus Job Centres.
The fully filled and signed applications must be sent via email on firstname.lastname@example.org along with the following document:
- Training Schedule
Formal confirmation of the refund to successful applicants will only be issued if the applicant provides all necessary documentation and is confirmed eligible by Jobsplus.
When evaluating applications Jobsplus reserves the right to request additional information or documentation. The Corporation may also seek further guidance from the relevant Authorities.
Telephone of person responsible: 22201616
Email address of person responsible: email@example.com
Generic telephone number: 22201610
Generic email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Changes to scheme’s eligibility criteria entered into effect on 10/09/2021