Work Exposure Scheme
The Work Exposure Scheme is intended to facilitate transition into employment by providing jobseekers with initial hands on training that will help individuals obtain the knowledge, skills and competences required to find and retain employment. This scheme is designed to mirror contemporary labour market demand, whereby the job preferences of the jobseekers are matched with employers’ requests. The duration of the work exposure will be 12 weeks and a participant is to report to the place of work for an average of 20 hours/week. The on-the-job training will take place at the employer’s premises with whom the trainee is placed. Participants are paid a training allowance, payable by Jobsplus for every hour attended, which is calculated on the national minimum wage.
The Work Exposure Scheme forms part of the Training for Employment project, which is co-financed by the European Social Fund 2014-2020.
- Trainees: The Work Exposure Scheme is available for both registered unemployed persons and inactive job seekers;
- Employers: All public and private entities, including NGOs.
- Trainees cannot be placed with a former employer;
- In exceptional cases and subject to Jobsplus’ approval, trainees may be allowed to participate more than once in order to try a different traineeship that might better suit their skills. In such circumstances the trainee will be asked to change the occupation preference;
- The number of trainees that can be placed with any one employer will be capped by Jobsplus at its own discretion and subject to the number of trainees an employer retained in employment at the end of the scheme.
Application forms may be found below:
Applications (including all documentation) are to be submitted by post or by hand to:
Hal Far Road
Hal Far BBG 3000
Telephone of person responsible: 22201625
Email address of person responsible: email@example.com
Generic telephone numbers: 22201635/ 22201636/ 22201637/ 22201638
Generic email address: firstname.lastname@example.org